Why small businesses need a website



If you are a small business, or a business in general, I wanted to give you a few reasons why you need a website. It's not a side task you put on the back burner, it's not something you do later because it's not a priority. The first thing you need to do when you decide to take that step into the business world is give your clients a way to discover who you are, what you do, how you do it, and what makes you different. And to be able to do all this without having them in front of you is crucial.
Lets for instance say you offer a service, I want to simply ask you when the last time is you broke out the yellow pages to find something you needed. So being that we are now standing in your shoes, why do you stil l advertise in there. Google is the way to find things, bing and yahoo as well, but first in order to be found to offer whatever service you may offer, you have to have a web presence.

Now ask yourself what you think when you meet a possible person you might do business with, you say let me give you a call (just to be nice) and you take their card. I can almost promise you, as I do the same thing, you glance at the little piece of paper that stands for everything this person has to offer you. A chance to find them in a sea of people, a chance to connect and possibly benefit. This card alone gives you a direct line of communication. Now I want you to think down deep and be honest about these next few questions.

What do you think when you see a phone number and no website period?

What do you think when you see an e-mail that ends with yahoo or hotmail?

What do you think when you see find us on facebook.com/mybusienss?

After taking that step and being truthful with yourself, I feel you will come to the same conclusion I do when I tell small businesses they need a website.

If this person doesn't invest in having a professional and properly created website using a domain name that represents their business so I can find out if they are worthy of my business? No, this person will not get the time of day as my time is important. Now you can understand why having a professional website is an essential and why facebook just won't cut in the business world.

No comments:

Post a Comment